Prepare these apple cinnamon steel-cut oats the night before and wake up to a healthy, wholesome breakfast!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add oats, salt, apple, flaxseed, cinnamon and maple syrup. Boil for about two minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent overflow.
- After two minutes, remove pan from heat. The oatmeal should stop boiling. Stir in vanilla. Cover pot and allow mixture to sit overnight.
- In the morning, heat pot over medium heat to warm through. Top with additional cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired.
Adapated from Marin Mama Cooks