Easy, healthy homemade granola.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, pepitas, flaxseed, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add the coconut oil and honey. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until coconut oil is melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir together with a spoon and then by hand.
- Spread granola in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in raisins. Allow granola to completely cool before storing in a sealed container.