Oh so comforting thick and creamy Vegetable Pasta Soup-- a super easy and nourishing meal on the table in 25 minutes! Dairy free.
- 1 8.8oz box Barilla Chickpea Rotini
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 12oz frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, green beans, corn)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (sub tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste + freshly ground black pepper
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside to soak.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic, oregano, rosemary, and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Add frozen vegetables and broth. Bring broth and vegetables to a boil and add pasta. Reduce heat to medium and boil uncovered for about 8 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove pot from heat. Drain and rinse cashews. Add to a high speed blender with 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Stir into soup along with salt and pepper to taste. The soup will continue to thicken as it sits.
VEGGIES: If you want to use fresh vegetables, you can substitute 2 cups total of carrot, celery, green beans, peas, etc.
Keywords: vegetable chowder, creamy vegetable soup