This Creamy Spring Vegetable Curry is packed with veggies and a superb curry sauce for a flavorful, hearty, and healthy meal. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 1/2 cups brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours or overnight
- 2 cups So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tamari*
- Sriracha and fresh chopped basil or cilantro, optional
- In a medium pot, combine rice, 3 cups water, and 1/2 tsp salt and bring to a boil. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Place soaked cashews and 1 cup Almondmilk in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute. Stir in asparagus, bell pepper, potatoes, carrots, curry powder, and 1 tsp salt. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in cashew mixture, remaining 1 cup Almondmilk, tamari, peas, and chickpeas. Reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for about 15-20 minutes, stirring as needed, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and sriracha and serve over rice.
*can sub reduced sodium soy sauce if not gluten-free