The perfect healthy party treat, these easy chocolate covered fruit kabobs will please kids and adult alike.
- 2 large bananas, sliced thick
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, sliced thick
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds, finely chopped
- 10-12 wooden skewers
- First, have all your fruit sliced and ready so you can easily build the kababs. Line a dish or baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave in increments of 20 seconds, stirring each time. Once melted, stir in coconut oil and set aside.
- Thread fruit onto skewers leaving a couple inches open at the bottom. Start by placing a blueberry followed by a banana slice, strawberry slice, blueberry, and raspberry, repeating 3 times ending with a blueberry (see pictures). Repeat with remaining skewers. You may have fruit leftover. Place skewers on lined baking sheet.
- Using a fork, drizzle skewers with desired amount of melted chocolate. (It will harden nicely at room temperature thanks to the coconut oil!) Sprinkle with desired amount of coconut and almonds. You can store any leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
Keywords: fruit kabobs