Enjoy this crave-worthy Chickpea Salad Sandwich made with no mayo for an easy and healthy lunch. This satisfying recipe comes together in under 15 minutes!
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Lots of fresh ground black pepper
- Grated carrot and spinach, for topping (optional)
- Place chickpeas in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to lightly mash, leaving some whole.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing chickpea salad on toasted bread and topping with spinach and grated carrot, if desired.
This recipe is best eaten the day it's made since the avocado will oxidize if it's stored in the refrigerator.
Keywords: chickpea salad sandwich, vegan tuna salad, vegan chickpea salad