Fluffy Banana Chickpea Muffins that are super moist, flourless and protein-packed! A fun kid-friendly healthy snack that's low in sugar and gluten free.
- 1 14.5oz can chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 2 medium very overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I used salted)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar*
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed. Fold in chocolate chips with spatula, if using.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
*Use 1/2 cup sugar for sweeter muffins.
NO ADDED SUGAR: You can omit the sugar for a barely sweet muffin, if desired. This is a great option for babies!
EGGS: This recipe won't work without eggs as they're key for structure with the chickpeas.
Keywords: chickpea muffins