A comforting and healthy Chai Spiced Pear Baked Oatmeal breakfast that tastes just like chai tea!
- 1 small ripe pear, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a ramekin or small oven-proof baking dish wish cooking spray. Place diced pears in ramekin.
- In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together almond milk, flax, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves and salt until well-combined. Stir in oats.
- Pour milk-oat mixture over pears and stir to combine. Bake for 40-43 minutes.
You could also quadruple this recipe (1 cup steel cut oats, 4 cups almond milk, 4 pears, etc.) and cook it in a crockpot on high for four hours or low for eight hours.