Incredibly flavorful and veggie-forward Cauliflower Stuffing with buttery mushrooms, tart apples, and pecans. Enjoy it as a lower carb, gluten free option for Thanksgiving or as a healthy side dish any night of the week!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 oz sliced cremini or Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 large apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped (Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (can sub olive oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce (sub tamari for gluten free)
- 1 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt + lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Set aside to cool while you chop the veggies.
- In your largest mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms and apple.
- To the bowl with cooled butter, whisk in egg, soy sauce, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over vegetables. Toss well to combine until everything is coated.
- Divide mixture evenly between baking sheets so veggies are in an even layer. Roast for 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway (so the top pan is now on the bottom rack). No need to stir.
- Carefully remove pans from oven and sprinkle pecans evenly onto baking sheets, tossing with a spatula to combine. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish if desired. Garnish with parley and serve!
VEGAN: Use olive oil instead of butter and omit the egg.