A healthy, high-protein snack bar free of oil, flour, and refined sugar that tastes just like carrot cake!
- 1¾ cups oat flour (or make your own by grinding oats in the food processor)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup vanilla plant-based protein powder (I use Vega Vanilla Protein + Greens)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup creamy almond butter (the drippy kind)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or brown rice syrup, honey, etc)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Line an 8x8inch square baking dish with parchment paper or plastic wrap. I like to spray the pan with cooking spray to make the parchment paper stick.
- Place oat flour, flax, protein powder, coconut, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add almond butter, almond milk, pure maple syrup, and carrot,. Using your hands, stir mixture until fully combined. It will seem dry, but it should come together. Add a splash more almond milk necessary.
- Press mixture evenly into pan until smooth. This may take a minute or two! Press additional coconut into top if desired.
- Freeze bars for at least an hour before slicing into 12 bars. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer for optimal texture. They’re great microwaved!
Prep time does not included freezing time.