This summer salad features fresh blueberries, toasty pecans, creamy goat cheese and quinoa for added nutrition.
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Dash of salt
For the salad:
- Heaping 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 4 cups mixed greens (arugula would be good too!)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3–4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place pecans on a baking sheet and roast for 6-8 minutes, or until light brown and toasty.
- To assemble the salad, toss together greens, quinoa, onion, blueberries, goat cheese and pecans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and serve.