Enjoy these hearty Best Salmon Burgers for a flavorful, easy, and healthy dinner the whole family will love!
- 1–14.5oz can wild salmon, drained well, bones/skin removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus more for cooking)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (plus more for serving)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs or almond flour
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 3 oz goat or feta cheese
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain salmon very well and carefully remove the bones and skin. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat (you’ll use this later to cook burgers). Add bell pepper and onion and cook for 6 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To mixing bowl with salmon, add beaten eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, optional cheese, and peppers and onions. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Carefully form into 4-6 patties and place on baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Once they’re almost done freezing, heat enough oil over medium heat to cover the bottom of the large skillet. Cook burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve with Dijon on buns or greens.
These freeze well! Once frozen, simple place them in a ziplock baggie (you can also individually wrap each one, if desired). Defrost overnight before pan prying.