The perfect spring spinach salad studded with fresh berries, crunchy maple cinnamon roasted chickpeas and homemade balsamic.
Maple Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cups of spinach
- 1-6oz package raspberries
- 1-6oz package blackberries
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted almonds, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a silipat or parchment paper. Drain and rinse chickpeas and then roll them around in a paper towel until they're very dry. The more dry, the more crunchy. The more skin that comes off the chickpeas, the better!
- In a medium bowl, stir together chickpeas, maple syrup, oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour onto prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, tossing around with a spatula every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. I like to add all the ingredients to a mason jar and just shake it until combined.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. Toss everything together to combine. Pour dressing over top just prior to serving and stir to combine. Garnish with a few roasted almonds.
- Store any extra roasted chickpeas in an air-tight container. They will get less crunchy over time.