A quick, healthy, and flavorful kale salad with protein-packed chickpeas, fresh basil, and crunchy almonds. Perfect for a light summer dinner! Vegan and gluten-freel
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 bunches kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed (optional)
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Massage salt into leaves until kale softens and turns a bit darker in color.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, basil, cranberries, red onion, almonds, and avocado. Toss to combine. Dump mixture into bowl with chopped kale.
- Add dressing and stir to combine. Serve with additional almonds on top.