These lightly sweetened, gluten-free, 100% whole-grain Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups make the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast on-the-go.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water (or you can use 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 small over-ripe bananas (about 1 cup, mashed)
- 2 small zucchinis (2 cups grated, don’t squeeze water out)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin (I used two, you can also pour the extra batter in a dish for an oatmeal bake) with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin liners.
- Place flax and water in small bowl. Stir and set aside to “gel.”
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond butter, maple syrup, and flax mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and add-in’s of choice. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups (I use a muffin scoop), filling to the top. You will have leftover batter if only using one muffin tin.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. These freeze well, too!