Lightly sweetened whole-grain Baked Oatmeal Cups with banana and zucchini make the perfect healthy breakfast or afternoon snack on-the-go! So moist and delish with a smear of peanut butter.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (or sub 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (2 large or 3 medium bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (1 medium zucchini, about 7oz. Don't squeeze water out.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin (I used two, you can also pour the extra batter in a dish for an oatmeal bake) with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin liners.
- Place chia and water in small bowl. Stir and set aside to "gel." Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Make sure they measure to be 1 cup. Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond butter, maple syrup, and chia mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and add-ins of choice. Stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top. You will have leftover batter if only using one muffin tin.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.