Packed with protein and fiber, this deliciously creamy whole grain baked spaghetti will have the whole family falling in love!
For the tofu ricotta:
- 16oz extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
For the baked spaghetti:
- 12oz whole grain spaghetti, uncooked
- 32 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 bunch lacinto kale, chopped
- Drain and press tofu. (If you don't have a tofu press, wrap tofu in a kitchen towel and place on a plate. Cover with a couple heavy objects, like a book or two. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.)
- Crumble pressed tofu and place in a medium bowl. Add hummus, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to combine mixture. It should be moist and resemble ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 9x13in glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place uncooked noodles in the pan, criss crossed. I broke most of the noodles in half. It will look like a messy layer of noodles, and that's ok!
- Cover noodles evenly with the jar of pasta sauce followed by the water. It will look soupy--that's normal.
- Top with mushrooms and kale, then sprinkle small handfuls of the "ricotta" evenly on top. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow pasta to "set" for 15 minutes prior to serving.