These Mexican-spiced Avocado Bean Burgers make the perfect quick lunch or dinner! They’re packed with plant-based protein and fiber for a tasty and simple meatless meal. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (or an egg)
- 1–15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup corn (I used thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup oat flour (certified GF if necessary)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place flax and water in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Set aside to “gel.” You can also use a real egg in place of a flax egg.
- Place drained and rinsed beans and avocado in a large bowl. Use a fork to mash mixture together, leaving some beans whole.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or a silipat. Spray with cooking spray. Form mixture into four tightly-packed patties.
- Bake for 40 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.