A hearty and delicious vegetarian chili packed with fall flavor, perfect for football tailgates!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced bell pepper (I used frozen 365 organic three pepper blend)
- 1–28oz can 365 organic* diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1–15oz can 365 organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–15oz can 365 organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup 365 canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add diced onion. Sautee for 5-7 minutes and then add garlic and bell pepper. Sautee for another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for thirty minutes to an hour.
*365 is Whole Food’s house brand used for the purpose of this post. Any brand will work for this recipe.