This Arugula Salad with Farro and Apple plus tangy goat cheese, pumpkin spice pepitas, and Marzetti® Tastefully Dressed™ Honeycrisp Apple Dressing will become a crowd favorite! Super satisfying and excellent for lunches.
- 5 oz arugula
- 1/2 cup (about 3 oz) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple, diced
- 3/4 cup farro (I used quick cooking)
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- Marzetti® Tastefully Dressed™ Honeycrisp Apple Dressing, to taste
For the pumpkin spice pepita clusters:
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pepitas on baking sheet.
- Place coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Pour mixture over pepitas and use your hands to toss until combined. Arrange in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes. Let pan cool on a wire rack, being careful not to touch them for 15 minutes so they can form clusters.
- Meanwhile, cook farro according to package directions. Once cooked, drain any excess liquid and transfer to a bowl. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to expedite cooling (warm farro will wilt the arugula).
- Assemble salad by placing arugula on a serving platter. Layer on goat cheese, apple, cooled farro, green onion and pepita clusters. Add as much dressing as you'd like and season the salad with a good pinch of salt and several grinds of freshly ground black pepper. Gently toss to combine and serve immediately.
TO MAKE DAIRY FREE: Swap the goat cheese for diced avocado.
TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE: Swap the farro for brown rice.
STORAGE: Salad will keep well in fridge for up to 2 days. Storing components separately will extend shelf life.
Keywords: arugula salad, fall salad