These wholesome, healthy, and delicious gluten-free apple oatmeal bars make the perfect fall treat.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and chopped apple. Stir until combined.
- Set aside a heaping half cup of the oat mixture and then press the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with apple butter, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12-16 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.