These wholesome, healthy, and delicious gluten-free apple oatmeal bars make the perfect fall treat.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1/2 cup apple butter (naturally sweetened preferably)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine oats, oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and chopped apple. Stir until combined.
- Set aside a heaping half cup of the oat mixture and then press the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with apple butter, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12-16 bars. Store in the refrigerator.