The most Amazing Cornbread Muffins with cheddar cheese--moist, fluffy and irresistible with a pat of butter, a drizzle of honey, with white bean chili, or in stuffing!
- 1 1/4 cups milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey (can sub pure maple syrup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (use 3/4 cup if you love cheese!)
- 1 cup corn kernels (optional, I love TJ's roasted corn)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir together milk and vinegar in a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk mixture, egg, honey and coconut oil, stirring until just combined. Do not over-mix; lumps are ok! Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in cheese and corn.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
VEGAN: Sub a flax egg, use non-dairy milk and use vegan cheddar or omit.
GLUTEN FREE: Use 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour.
Keywords: cornbread muffins