Deliciously moist and rich Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread! This easy gluten-free and dairy free treat made with almond and oat flour will become your new favorite snack or breakfast. For the non-chocolate version, try my Gluten Free Banana Bread!
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas (very brown and spotty)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups packed super fine blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour* (certified gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Place bananas, eggs, maple syrup, oil and vanilla in a blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk by hand if you don't have a blender.
- Place almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for topping.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for about 55 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean. Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool.
VEGAN: Sub flax egs.
*TO MAKE OAT FLOUR: If you don't have store bought, make your own by grinding old fashioned oats in the blender until it resembles a fine flour.
TO STORE: Keep bread on countertop in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. It stays moist for a surprisingly long time! If you still have some left, you can store in the fridge for up to 1 week or more and it will stay moist.
TO FREEZE: Wrap the loaf tightly in foil then in a plastic bag with the air squeezed out. It will stay fresh for up to four months. You can thaw it on the counter when you're ready to eat.