Vegetable Shrimp Curry with Herbed Cauliflower Rice made with coconut milk, tomatoes, and warming spices for a super flavorful, healthy 30-minute meal the whole family will love!
For the Curry:
- 1 tbsp Simply Nature 100% Pure Avocado Oil (or Simply Nature Organic Coconut Oil)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1–14.5oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2–12oz packages Fremont Fish Medium Raw Peeled Shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- chopped cilantro and Specially Selected Original Naan Bread, for serving
For the Herbed Cauliflower Rice:
- 2–12oz bags frozen Season’s Choice Plain Riced Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Heat oil in your largest skillet. Once hot add onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices, and salt and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and vegetable broth and to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, make cauliflower rice by heating another large skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Once hot, add cauliflower rice and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Turn off heat and add salt, garlic powder, cilantro, and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Bring curry back to medium heat and add peas and spinach, cooking just until almost wilted. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until just cooked through. Garnish with cilantro and serve over cauliflower rice with naan.
*If coconut milk is separated, simply dump it into a bowl and whisk the water with the fat until smooth and creamy and then measure.