An easy, flavorful soup loaded with fresh vegetables, chickpeas and quinoa.
- 2 tsp grapessed or olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, chopped into small pieces (I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup corn (I used frozen roasted corn)
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (freeze the rest in a baggie for later use)
- 1/4 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring often. Add garlic and sauté a minute more. Add carrots, celery and italian seasoning and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add thawed green beans, thawed corn, vegetable broth, water, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato paste and quinoa. Bring to a bowl. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes
- Remove lid and raise heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes (or until vegetables are fork tender), stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and stir to combine. Add salt and season to taste with freshly ground pepper.