Amazing 1-bowl Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cookies that come together in not time, zero chilling required. Just as good as the classic and are gluten-free!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (certified GF if needed)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil, not melted
- 1/3 cup creamy salted peanut butter
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 mini peanut butter cups*, sliced in half (plus more for dough, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Cream together using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until dough comes together into large, moist crumbles that easily form a dough. At this point, you can fold in a few chopped pb cups or a handful of chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough into round balls, using about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough each. Place on cookie sheet and press a pb cup half into each cookie. Top with flaky salt, if desired.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before devouring. Store at room temperature in an air tight container for up to a week.
*I used Whole Foods’ brand of mini pb cups and they held up well in the oven. To guarantee they don’t melt, you can slice and freeze them beforehand.
For more everyday flours (not gluten-free), try my Peanut Butter Blossoms.