A creamy, hearty chowder loaded with veggies. You’d never guess it was vegan!
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 oz dry wild rice (about 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers (I used frozen)
- 1 lb + 1 cup frozen corn, cooked in microwave or on stove
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In medium pot, bring 2 1/2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil. Once boiling, add wild rice and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes or until rice is tender. (The broth will not all be absorbed.)
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and sautee for 7 minutes. Add garlic and peppers and satutee for another two minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, blend 1 lb of corn with 1 cup vegetable broth until smooth. You may need to do this in two batches.
- Add pureed corn, additional cup of whole corn, remaining 2 1/2 cups of vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cooked wild rice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Stir in almond milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.