The creamiest, tangiest, most delicious Easy Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese! Made with just 4 ingredients. You'll never look at cashews the same again!
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vegan probiotics
- Place cashews in a medium bowl. Cover with water and let soak overnight or for 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place in a food processor with 1/4 cup water and the sea salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy (about 7 minutes), scraping sides with a rubber spatula as needed. (I've also made this in a Vitamix and it worked but I had to add a bit more water).
- Spoon mixture into a glass bowl or container of choice that has a lid (I used a 4-cup Pyrex). Using a plastic or wood spoon (metal can disrupt fermentation), stir in probiotics.
- Cover and let sit out on the counter, unrefrigerated, for 36 hours.
- It should taste tangy and very similar to dairy cream cheese. Store in the refrigerator. It will last up to two weeks!