A simple, healthy Summer Quinoa Salad packed with blueberries, corn, cucumber, peaches, herbs, and lemon olive oil dressing. Great for lunches or potlucks!
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 peach, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup blueberries (or halved grapes)
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 2 small lemons (or 1 large), more to taste
- 1/2 tsp each fine sea salt and black pepper
- optional: 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool while you chop the veggies. (I like to put it in the fridge to to speed up the cooling).
- Once cooled, transfer quinoa a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, onion, peach, blueberries, cucumber, mint, parsley, almonds, and optional cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring again. Taste salad and adjust seasoning if needed until the flavor really pops (like a pinch more salt or a squeeze more lemon). The flavors will get even better once it's sat in the fridge!
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.