Colorful Strawberry Spinach Salad with basil, feta, tart cherries, farro and the best balsamic. Great for lunch or potlucks!
- 1/2 cup farro (sub quinoa or brown rice for gluten free)
- 5oz baby spinach
- 1/2-1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 3oz feta or goat cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 batch Best Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Place farro in a small pot with 3 cups water. Cook according to package directions or for 20-30 minutes, until chewy. Cooking time depends on what kind of farro you use. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make balsamic vinaigrette.
- Layer spinach, strawberries, basil, cheese, onions, cherries, pepitas, avocado and farro on a serving platter or in your largest mixing bowl. (This makes a lot of salad, so you can always dress the amount you want and store the rest separately for future salads). Drizzle on dressing to taste then toss to combine and serve!
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad