Gorgeous Smoked Salmon Quiche with the easiest 5-ingredient everything bagel spice crust that anyone can make! This show-stopping brunch main is inspired by a lox everything bagel sandwich with cream cheese, tomatoes, and capers. Fluffy, homemade quiche is easier than you think and so delicious!
For the crust*:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (can sub all purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or neutral oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
For the quiche:
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice (can use unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, whole milk, etc)**
- 1 tsp dried dill (I use freeze-dried)
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (I used 1 roma tomato)
- 2 oz cream cheese or goat cheese
- 4 oz smoked salmon, torn into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a round 9 or 10inch pie dish with cooking spay.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours and everything bagel seasoning. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together oil and water until thickened. Pour into flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Form dough into a ball. Spread into pie dish, using your finger tips to spread it up onto the sides of the dish (you can also use a rolling pin to flatten it before putting in pan).
- Whisk eggs, milk, dill and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in capers and tomatoes. Carefully pour into unbaked pie crust. Dot with small pieces of cream cheese or goat cheese. Top evenly with salmon.
- Bake for 53-55 minutes, or until quiche has set. If you use cream or whole milk, it may be done sooner. Let quiche cool for 15 minutes before carefully slicing and enjoy!
*A store bought crust can be used instead.
**The higher the fat content in your milk or cream, the more rich the quiche will taste.
If you omit capers or cheese, I recommend increasing salt to 1/2 tsp.