This comforting, hearty, and delicious vegetarian chili with warming curry spices makes the perfect fall dinner.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2-14.5oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-15oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15oz can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Turn a 4-6qt slow-cooker to high.
- Place olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, squash, curry powder, chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, bay leaves, salt, and pepper in slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes and beans, stirring to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Stir in apple cider vinegar and serve.