Packed with flavor, this foolproof Salmon Salad with canned salmon takes 5 minutes and is so simple to make! It calls for Greek yogurt instead of mayo for a healthier take on the classic that's absolutely delicious. Enjoy it for a protein-packed lunch with crackers, over lettuce, on bread, or with a spoon. Great for meal prep!
- 1-14.75oz can salmon*, drained
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 1 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, adding more salt and pepper to suit your tastes. Serve over greens, on toasted bread, or with crackers!
*Canned salmon contains skin and bones. They are perfectly fine to eat, but I prefer to remove them after draining. You can also buy boneless salmon to avoid this!