This vegan and gluten-free Quinoa Fried Rice tastes like takeout but is made with whole grains, veggies, and an easy sauce. Serve it with edamame or grilled salmon if desired!
- 2 cups quinoa + 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup edamame (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (optional)
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted salted cashews (optional)
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (sub tamari for gluten-free)
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- Place quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, chop all the vegetables. When the quinoa is cooked, dump into a large bowl. Wipe down pot. Add oil to pot and heat over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add peppers, edamame, garlic, and ginger and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add kale and sauté just until wilted (a few minutes). Add cashews.
- Dump cooked vegetables into bowl with cooked quinoa. Add soy sauce and sriracha and stir well to combine. Serve warm.