These easy, cakey Pumpkin Pie Protein No-Bake Bites have the flavor of pumpkin pie, but are secretly packed with protein and fiber! Vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and kid-friendly.
For the protein powder version:
- 9 Medjool dates, pitted (place in bowl of warm water if hard and dry)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla brown rice protein powder (I like Vega Vanilla Protein + Greens)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips (optional)
For the non-protein powder version:
- Place dates, applesauce, pumpkin, almond milk, and vanilla in a large food processor. Blend until pureed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add coconut flour, brown rice protein (is using first recipe), pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Blend until a ball of "dough" forms. If it's too wet, add a bit more coconut flour. If it's too dry, add a bit more almond milk.
- Stir in cacao nibs. Roll into 12-15 bites.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.