Delicious Peanut Noodles with Broccoli make a super satisfying and nutritious plant-powered dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Vegan and easily gluten free!
For the noodles:
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti (1/2 package)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb broccoli florets (5 cups, chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 3-4 medium carrots (1 cup, chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped (tender green parts only)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-4 tbsp roasted peanuts, for garnish
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1 lime (1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In your largest skillet (I used a 12-inch cast iron), warm oil over medium heat. Once hot, add broccoli and carrot. Cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes, or until softened and browned.
- Meanwhile, place peanut sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. It will taste salty, but it will get diluted in the pasta.
- Once veggies are cooked, remove pan from heat. Add noodles to pan followed by peanut sauce. Use tongs to toss everything together. (If your pan was on the smaller side, you can transfer everything to a large bowl so you can mix it together easily). Top with plenty of cilantro, green onions and peanuts, lightly tossing to coat. Serve immediately, as the pasta will absorb the sauce as it sits. I like to top mine with extra sriracha!
STORAGE: This is best eaten right after it's made as the peanut sauce will thicken as it sits. I like eating leftovers chilled or heated, but it will be less saucy. Feel free to add a splash of water if reheating leftovers to loosen the sauce.
TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE: Use your favorite gluten-free pasta and sub tamari for the soy sauce. If it's not low sodium, start with 3 tbsp.
*Use salted natural peanut butter that has a "drippy" consistency and is pourable into the measuring cup. If it's thicker or kept in the refrigerator, you will likely need to add more almond milk. The sauce should not be very thick.