A healthier yet just as tasty version of the classic Thanksgiving side dish, sweetened with pure maple syrup and fresh orange juice.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Juice of a medium orange
- Zest of half a medium orange
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork.
- Bake sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil for one hour.
- Set potatoes aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel off the skin. Place sweet potato flesh in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mash together using a fork or potato masher until smooth and creamy.