Enjoy a few of these easy, healthy, and delicious Flourless Lemon Chia Cake Cookies as a snack or treat! They’re soft, pillowy and perfect for vegan, paleo, and gluten-free diets.
For the cookies:
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup overripe mashed banana (1 large banana)
- 1 cup plain yogurt of choice (I used plain soy yogurt )
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the lemon glaze:
- Place cashews for glaze in a bowl. Cover with hot water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, a Silipat, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, banana, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined. Let batter sit for 5 minutes. Form rounded tablespoon balls of dough and spread evenly on baking sheet. The batter should be somewhat soft and sticky but should hold together when you roll cookies into a ball. Pat each cookie down lightly with fingers since they will not spread in the oven. Bake for about 23 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain soaked cashews. Place in high-speed blender (I used my Nutribullet) with the rest of the glaze ingredients. Glaze should be completely smooth and creamy. Transfer to a small bowl and freeze until cookies have cooled.
- Remove cookies from oven and place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Use a fork to drizzle glaze over top. You can also put glaze into a plastic baggie, cut off the corner, and drizzle that way. Store cooking in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.