Moist and delicious Lemon Coconut Baked Oatmeal Cups with no added sugar make the perfect healthy breakfast on the go! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water (or 2 eggs if not vegan)
- 3 overripe medium bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (optional, to sweeten)
- Zest and juice 1 large lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place flax and water in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Add almond butter, almond milk, optional maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and flax eggs. Stir until well-combined.
- Add oats, baking powder, coconut, and salt, stirring to combine.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin (you may have leftover batter. I made some mini muffins).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack before carefully removing from muffin tin.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.