Incredible Healthy Sweet Potato Muffins with no added sugar made in 1 bowl! Fluffy, moist, and irresistible. Gluten free and toddler approved!
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 4oz container unsweetened applesauce (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups packed almond flour (163g)
- 1 1/4 cups certified GF oat flour (124g)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place cooled sweet potato flesh, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add almond and oat flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon. Use a rubber spatula to combine batter. It will be thick! Top with nuts.
- Spray a 1/4 measuring cup with cooking spray and use it to scoop batter and fill the muffin tin.
- Bake for 26 minutes. Cool muffin tin on a wire rack and enjoy! Store muffins at room temperature for up to 2 days and then refrigerate any leftovers.
VEGAN: Sub eggs with 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 1/3 cup of water and set aside to gel for 5 minutes). They will be a bit flatter and may took longer to cook.
These muffins are just barely sweet, making them great for kids too! For sweeter muffins, add 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
1/4 tsp nutmeg is also delish here!
There is no substitute for the flours here and the recipe and I can't vouch for the recipe turning out with alternative flours.
Keywords: healthy sweet potato muffins