The easiest recipe for Healthy Cherry Crisp with only 8 ingredients! Made with juicy sweet cherries and an irresistible almond oat topping. Dairy-free with a gluten-free option. Serve with your favorite vanilla or cinnamon ice cream!
- 3 cups fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted (measure after pitting)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- heaping 1/3 cup coconut oil, solid (or unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pit cherries (if you don't have a cherry pitter, you can always use your hands like I did!) and then measure out 3 cups. Place cherries in baking dish.
- Add flour, oats, coconut sugar, almonds, cinnamon, and salt to a medium mixing bowl, stirring until combined. Add coconut oil and use your fingers to incorporate the oil into the mixture until it's moist, crumbly, and very well combined. If your coconut oil is very hard, this will take a bit longer.
- Sprinkle topping evenly onto the cherries. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before diving in, preferably with ice cream!
- Other fruits: Blueberries work great here, too!
- How to store: Cover the crisp with foil and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- How to reheat: This crisp can easily be reheated in the microwave, however the topping will be crispier if it's reheated in the oven at 350F until hot.
- How to freeze: Cherry crisp can be kept in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to three months. Thaw crisp overnight in the refrigerator prior to reheating.
- To make gluten free: Almond flour or your favorite all purpose gluten free flour can be used. Recipe will not work with coconut flour.
- Using frozen cherries: You can use frozen cherries here, but I recommend fresh sweet cherries while they’re available. If you’re using frozen, I'd recommend letting them thaw a bit and not using the juice so the cherry layer isn't too liquidy.
Keywords: cherry crisp, healthy cherry crisp