My all-time favorite easy summer dessert, Healthy Blueberry Crisp with an unforgettable tahini coconut crumble! It's on the table in 40 minutes and everyone will be asking for seconds. Super easy to make with wholesome ingredients like oats, whole grain flour and coconut. Use frozen blueberries to make it even easier!
- 5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour, divided (or all purpose flour or oat flour)
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Whisk in tahini and set aside.
- Place blueberries in baking dish. Add vanilla and sprinkle with 2 tbsp flour, tossing well to coat blueberries in flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup of flour, sugar, coconut, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add butter mixture to mixing bowl and use your hands to combine until a crumbly dough forms. Sprinkle on top of blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Enjoy topped with vanilla ice cream!
VEGAN: Use vegan butter.
GLUTEN FREE: Use certified gluten free oat flour and oats.
Keywords: healthy blueberry crisp