My all-time favorite easy summer dessert, Blueberry Crisp with an unforgettable tahini coconut crumble! You may never want another crisp again.
- 5 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour, divided (or all purpose flour or oat flour)
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Whisk in tahini and set aside.
- Place blueberries in baking dish. Add vanilla and sprinkle with 2 tbsp flour, tossing well to coat blueberries in flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup of flour, sugar, coconut, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add butter mixture to mixing bowl and use your hands to combine until a crumbly dough forms. Sprinkle on top of blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Enjoy topped with vanilla ice cream!
VEGAN: Use vegan butter.
GLUTEN FREE: Use certified gluten free oat flour and oats.
Keywords: healthy blueberry crisp