- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (You can also make bars instead of cookies by baking the batter in an 8×8 baking dish for about 30 minutes.)
- Combine all ingredients except squash and optional chocolate chips in a large bowl and stir together until very thoroughly combined.
- Place grated squash between paper towels and squeeze out excess water. Fold into batter with chocolate chips, if using. The batter will be very moist and not cookie-like.
- Drop dough onto baking sheet (about two tablespoons of dough per cookie for 12 cookies total).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Cool on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 6.1
- Fat: 8.4
- Carbohydrates: 8.6
- Fiber: 2.3
- Protein: 4.2