- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat orzo
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While the orzo is cooking, chop the tomato, pepper, spinach, red onion and kalamata olives. Add veggies to a large bowl along with the feta, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once orzo has cooled, add to the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. This salad is best served cold.