Super moist and tasty Healthy Banana Muffins with walnuts that happen to be gluten free! Lightly sweetened with maple syrup, these muffins are the ultimate easy snack. For sweeter muffins, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or a couple more tablespoons of maple syrup.
- 1 1/4 cups mashed very overripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups packed almond flour (163g)
- 1 1/4 cups certified GF oat flour (124g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mash well with a fork. Add eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add almond flour and oat flour. Sprinkle in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until incorporated. Fold into walnuts.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 26-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. Allow muffins to cool in tin for 15 minutes before carefully removing it and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
VEGAN: Whisk together 2 tbsp ground flax with 1/3 cup water in a bowl. Set aside to gel, then use in recipe in place of eggs. The photographed muffins use flax!
Keywords: gluten free banana muffins