Easy 5-ingredient Frozen Yogurt Bars packed with protein and with no added sugar! A refreshing healthy snack for kids and adults alike. Prep time does not include freezing.
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt*
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced (or 1/2 cup berries of choice)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. (Alternatively, you can use a rimmed baking sheet and make thinner "yogurt bark.")
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Taste mixture. It will be tart. If you'd like it sweeter, add 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup. Fold in sliced banana.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use a rubber spatula to smooth the top. Place in freezer and freeze for about 3 hours, or until set.
- Once frozen, slice into 8-10 bars. Let bars sit for 5 minutes at room temperature before serving, if desired. Store in the freezer.
NUT FREE: Use tahini or sunflower seed butter.
TO STORE: Yogurt bars should be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once they're frozen, you can transfer them to a freezer baggie.
*Using a high fat yogurt will result in the best flavor and texture. Greek yogurt also works.
Keywords: frozen yogurt bars