- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 5.3oz container flavored Greek yogurt (I used strawberry)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries (I used frozen)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- Heat a large giddle/pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- In another large bowl, combine wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla, NOT including berries and syrup). Note: if you aren't using flavored/sweetened yogurt, add a tablespoon or two of honey or sugar to the batter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined. Don't overmix! The batter will be thick, but you can thin it out with a tbsp or two of milk if needed.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter onto pan. Allow pancakes to cook for a couple minutes and flip once bubbles start to form and edges are set. Repeat with the rest of batter, spraying with cooking spray or butter in between each batch.
- For berry syrup, simply heat berries and maple syrup/agave in a saucepan on medium high until boiling. Allow mixture to lightly boil for a minute or two, stirring very frequently. Lower heat and allow syrup to simmer for a few minutes until thickened to your liking.
- Spoon berry syrup over pancakes as desired.