Gorgeous Chickpea Bowls with cauliflower, sweet potatoes, rice, and crave-worthy almond curry sauce. An easy and delicious vegetarian meal that's perfect for a bright, healthy meal!
For the bowls:
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- handful of cilantro and chopped almonds, for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw or roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup (can sub 4 pitted Medjool dates)
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Place almonds in a small bowl. Cover with hot water and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray an extra large baking sheet or two regular ones with cooking spray.
- Place chickpeas, cauliflower florets and diced sweet potatoes onto sheet. Add olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, drain almonds and place in a high speed blender (I used my Nutribullet) with the rest of the sauce ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble bowls by placing rice at the bottom followed by the chickpea veggie mixture. Drizzle with plenty of sauce, garnish with cilantro and almonds, and serve!