This Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets have an addictive texture and flavor that the whole family will love! They’re simple to make, packed with protein, and tasty to boot. Vegan and easily gluten-free!
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup whole grain breadcrumbs (sub gluten-free if neccesary)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp ]nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Remove tofu from packaging and press using a tofu press or on a plate with a few heavy objects and a dish towel. Press for at least thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place almond milk in a shallow dish (I used a round glass tupperware).
- In another shallow dish, stir together almond meal, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Cut tofu into 10-12 slices. Use one hand to dip the tofu slice in almond milk, and then the other hand to dredge it in the bread crumb mixture. Cover it fully and tap off excess. Repeat with each slice of tofu and place them in an even layer on a baking sheet line with parchment paper (or sprayed with olive oil).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, or preferred dipping sauce.