These amazing Salted Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bites are a super satisfying snack that doubles as a dessert packed with whole grain goodness and plenty of chocolate!
For the bites:
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter* (try Sunbutter for nut-free)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flax, and salt. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Wet hands and form dough into about 18 balls. Place on cookie sheet and freeze while you melt the chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a mug (this makes the balls easy to coat). Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Remove bites from freezer and use a fork to coat each bite in the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with salt (flaky salt is the best!) and freeze until hardened. Once they’re set, bites can be transferred to a container and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. I like them best right out of the freezer!
*Peanut butter made with just peanuts or peanuts and salt. Should be drippy!