These super easy and delicious Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Bites are a whole grain snack that doubles as a dessert packed with fall flavor!
For the bites:
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup almond butter (the drippy kind)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating:
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1½ tsp coconut oil
- finely chopped candied ginger, for topping
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flax, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Wet hands and form dough into about 18 balls. Place on cookie sheet and freeze while you melt the chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a mug (this makes the balls easy to coat). Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Remove bites from freezer and use a fork to coat each bite in the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with candied ginger and freeze until hardened. Once they're set, bites can be transferred to a container and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. I like them best right out of the freezer!